What is a PDF pattern?
Etoffe Malicieuse offers “PDF patterns”, i.e. downloadable patterns.
When you buy a PDF pattern from Etoffe Malicieuse, you’ll receive a zipped folder (i.e. a folder made up of compressed files) in your mailbox. All you have to do is unzip it (if you have a recent computer, it’ll unzip itself!). Otherwise, you’ll need to download 7-zip, for example, which is a little freeware).
To open your PDF files, I recommend that you install Adobe Acrobat on your computer (also a free program).
What are the advantages of a PDF template?
- They’re cheaper (no postage, no envelope, no printer).
- They’re available immediately after purchase: in fact, you’ll receive them directly in your mailbox, ready to print!
- If you’re wasting time cutting and taping your pattern, you’ll save time by not transferring it, as you’ll be able to cut your board directly.
- You can choose to print your pattern with or without seam allowances (which is obviously impossible with a pocket pattern). Except for lingerie patterns, which are only available with seam allowances.
Etoffe Malicieuse patterns are constantly evolving:
- The latest patterns feature a layer system, allowing you to print only the size(s) you’re interested in! If you’d like to find out more about layers, you can read our dedicated article HERE .
- The latest patterns (from Erine onwards) are designed to be printed in A4/US letter format.
How do I assemble a pattern?
Don’t worry, everything is explained in the download file.
You’ll find explanations of the markings, tips for cutting and taping your pattern, and of course an assembly plan.
What will my download contain?
Once you’ve made your payment, you’ll receive a link to download a folder containing several files.
For each model, the files will be indicated in the pattern description.
As a general rule, here’s what you’ll find:
- an explanatory booklet illustrated with numerous diagrams
- a measurements sheet
- a fitting sheet
- the pattern
Depending on the pattern, there may also be method sheets…
What sizes are available?
For women’s patterns, sizes range from 32 to 50.
Size 32 corresponds to 12-year-olds, size 34 to 14-year-olds and size 36 to 16-year-olds.
So you can also use women’s patterns to dress young girls.
For men’s patterns, sizes range from 3XS to 4XL.
Size 3XS corresponds to 12-year-olds, size 2XS to 14-year-olds and size XS to 16-year-olds.
So the men’s patterns are also suitable for our young teenagers!
Are seam allowances included?
Some of you prefer seam allowances, while others prefer no seam allowances… Etoffe Malicieuse offers both!
One of the big advantages of the PDF pattern is that you can choose to print what you prefer: with or without seam allowances!
What does the pattern booklet look like?
The pattern booklet is illustrated with numerous explanatory diagrams, computer-drawn for greater precision.
It will also give you numerous indications, such as :
- level of difficulty
- time required
- fabrics used
- recommended fabrics
- cutting plan…
We’re constantly striving to improve our explanations! That’s why the latest patterns feature an interactive menu. If you’d like to find out more, read the article HERE (coming soon!).
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the contact form.